Saturday, August 20, 2005

No sleep till Broadway

Earlier this month I was contacted by Michael C. He works for a theatre company that did some Graphic Design work for last year. It was a musical about Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons called "Jersey Boys" that played at the LaJolla Playhouse near San Deigo. I was freelance then and I would travel down there every other week or so. It was pretty cool sitting in on rehearsals and working with the director, Des. When the play opened last September, I went to the premiere and the party afterwards. Open bar, good food, I met some groovy people. I thought that the play would be a success, but I considered it just another gig.
I almost... I mean ALMOST forgot about it.
Until Michael C. E-mailed me! The message went something like this: Hi Don, "Jersey Boys" is heading to Broadway and we would like you to draw some additional art for us. Are you available?
I would have to work around my 9 to 5 job but could I go to NYC expenses paid? The answer is yes. More to come from New York...

No comments: