Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekend recap


I got into NYC and I was exhausted! The red-eye flight was brutal so I left for the hotel for a nap. I got there at 9:00 and woke up at 11:30. I had enough time before my meeting to walk around Times Square and so I headed for the nearest comic shop. Midtown Comics on 40th St. to look for an old friend who's a manager there. He was not there on the weekend but his store looked great and was busy. I searched for my western book and it was kinda hidden. After I left, the walking tour began. I compared the Broadway of the 80s with the flat screen, tourist parade of today. I walked from 40th St up to 57th then returned south on 6th ave to Rockefeller Center. It felt like meeting an old friend who you loved, But the friend has changed. Grown older, richer. Better clothes and a strange accent. Anyway....More story to come. Take a look at these sketches!

No comments: