Monday, October 17, 2005

Martha Washington

Frank Miller and Dave Gibbons put a book out called 'Give me Liberty' years ago thru Dark Horse Comics. I had a chance to re-read the four issues I bought way back when and it struck me to how much it influenced me. I never realized it until now. Miller created a female character that struggled with poverty and corrupt authority. He put her in situations that forced her to be resourceful and powerful. He never let romance or sentiment stop Martha Washington from her goal. Like I said, I never knew how much Frank Millers book influenced my own work. Thanks Frank.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I always felt Miller was a big influence on my work...but his new stuff has been below his standards..

by the way...loved the Ghost Rider piece...the tech drawing of the bike..is what makes it...

I think I would have liked to see you draw Akira..just for the bike battles..

also where are you getting the reference for the horses in KHAN...they are awesome...

k