Monday, April 03, 2006

Gallery opening


I took a trip to Culver City this past Saturday. The company I work for has some art on display at the Billy Shire Fine art Gallery. It's a new gallery, you can tell by how the floor shines. Most of the work at the show was by students with a few exceptional oil paintings. The space is a part of The Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles and it seems to me that Culver City is being taken over by the Fine art crowd! The transformation of that part of town is astounding. I visited two more art galleries on Washington Blvd that night. I think in a few years the auto parts shop or the mom and pop store on the corner will be replaced by the trendy bar with a ten dollar cocktail. If you've never been to Culver City, CA before, go now! This is a neighborhood in transition

No comments: