Sunday, May 07, 2006

Spidey's Wedding



I recently read an interview with Joe Quesada on the Newsarama website. He made a comment that Peter Parker marrying Mary Jane Watson was not a good idea. I disagree! The wedding was so much fun, and I know because I was there! It was in 1988 when they tied the knot at Shea stadium in NYC. Everyone was given tickets to the game and a reception afterwards. The party was at The Tunnel, it was a trendy place at the time and I was just old enough to drink!

Spidey getting married put him on a different path and showed the character maturing. I think the people at Marvel need to try harder to explore the drama of married life instead of lamenting over his single days.

3 comments:

David Wohl said...

Ah memories.

Don Hudson said...

Y,know dave, I have a photo of you at the game as well. Perhaps I should post it?

JayJayJackson said...

Wow, so cool! Great pictures!