Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The New CRACKED


A little more than a year ago, I learned that CRACKED Magazine would return to newsstand and comic shops. The mag that was a MAD Magazine rip-off years ago, has returned as a MAXIM Magazine rip-off. I know that MAD had to change with the new generation. That change included color pages and Ligit advertisements (No more parody ads, dude). And the new management at CRACKED promised a modern mag with the type of humor that kids would enjoy. Unfortunately, the new CRACKED looks like MAXIM, but without the girls in bikinis. No bikinis! I felt jipped!

The humor goes for a DAILY SHOW spin in a glossy bi-monthly magazine. I thought that there would be something more from the past. Just about the only things left is the CRACKED logo and The mascot, Sylvester Smyth.

First issues are always a tough sell. Maybe the MAXIM imitation is deliberate and a parody of popular lad Mags. I will buy the next issue and hope for the best. And I'll hope for a lot more cartoons too!

1 comment:

Allen Gladfelter said...

Maxim without the bikinis. Forget about it.