Sunday, December 10, 2006

Art opening



Last night I attended a multi-media art installation in Hollywood. A large gallery space with Paintings, scupltures, musicians, three full bars and a $15.00 cover! It's called Create:Fixate. It was unique and I thought it was ambitious, but I learned that it was it's fifth year. Maybe it started small and grew.

My Co-worker Kaz had some art on display there and I wanted to support him. His work is good and by the time I left he had sold 3 pieces! Nice! The show had many interesting installations like T-shirt Silk screening and a strange iron robot sculpture. My favorite was a somber painting that I could not stop staring at.

Gallery openings are great. Having a friend sell three paintings is better!

1 comment:

Aman Chaudhary said...

Ack! That's me on there too! I feel like a celeb! :)