Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Heebink Comments


Back in the early 1990s, I started inking a number of comics for MARVEL. One of my first monthly jobs was Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD and it was after doing background inking and One-shot issues. I was already on the book by the time J. Heebink started as regular Penciller. His art was good when he started and he inproved with every issue!

His figures were strong and his lines were fun to ink. He was a professional, and we got along well, so I guess by the third issue he wanted to give his opinion on the inking! I read his comments and made the adjustments I felt were needed. I have to admit that the best thing about the note was the paper he sent it on! I looks like he did layouts and blew them up to 11by17. Then I guess he recycled the paper. It was great to see the process!

No comments: