Monday, September 03, 2007

Then and Now

I created a book called Forever Amber around 1999. It was my first time writing and drawing and original character and to be honest didn't know if I could pull it off. I gained a lot of experience on the editorial side and with writing as well. I had some positive reviews and if you are interested in reading the entire 4 issue series, The good people at Comiculture.com could help you out. As I look at the book now, I just want to redraw everything. I started drawing it while I had a day job at Sony Animation in Culver City and sharing a studio in Marina Del Rey. I might have been in a rush to finish it.

Anyway, I am posting the cover to issue 3. The character Amber has problems with her boss and she has been double-crossed. I think that shows in the cover. I think the art holds up, but if I had to change anything, I would get rid of the rolodex on the floor. It's supposed to be a near future setting and it is certainly out of place. My friend Steve, who colored it told me just that and he was right. Like I said, I was learning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'LL LOOK FOR THE ISSUES! YES! THAT HAPPENS...THE RUSH AND THEN WANT TO REDRAW ALL. IT'S A STRONG PICTURE WITH A HARD LINE...LIKED IT VERY!
GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU LIKED "THE MATRIX"...COME BY MY BLOG!
Marco