Monday, December 10, 2007

What I did today.

I woke up early today around 4:30. I usually like to get a good night sleep and wake at 6:00, but it was not to be. I got dressed and drove to the all night Kinkos in Westwood, CA. It's a nice place that is usually empty except for homeless guys. I had to make some copies for the good people at Moonstone Books. I worked on the Kolchak stuff I am doing for them over the weekend.

So after my Kinkos' run, I got some coffee at the closest Starbucks. That was around 5:30. I got a Venti drip and a cranberry scone. I don't think the barista charged me for it. Weird. I drove home and got to work on more Kolchak pencils. I want to pay attention to the work I am doing on this book because I want to do the Barnabas character right. Hopefully it will look good in print.

I listen to the Howard Stern show until 11:00 while penciling the Kolchak stuff, then I grab some stuff for the Post Office. I have to be in Burbank by 12:00 but I have to put some stuff in the mail! A X-mas card to Rob and Nancy in NJ and a romantic letter to a girl I am sweet on in Hollywood. So busy!

I make my appointment in the valley then I take time to shop at the Costco in Burbank. Vodka...check. Steaks...check. Magazines...double check. With all the basic food groups covered, I head home. I play Madonna's Greatest Hits while on the road.

As soon as I settle myself I put some coals on the grill and light the BBQ. It's 1:30. I have lunch with wine, clean up the dishes and I check my Email. Hey! My editor at T-Pop needs the cover for the Warriors book! No prob.

I will drop off a disk tomorrow, but I am enjoying the day.

There was a lot to do today, and a lot got done. I had a lot of fun and I love to be busy!

4 comments:

Steve Buccellato said...

You're livin' the dream!

Allen Gladfelter said...

Great post!

Aman Chaudhary said...

She's got two Greatest Hits collections. Which one did you play?

Don Hudson said...

I played the second one. I can't get enough of 'Beautiful Stranger'!