Sunday, June 08, 2008

Tokyopop Rocks

If you have not heard, Tokyopop laid off about half of their staff. Two of my friends were among them. Rob Tokar, who I have known since the old Marvel days and Luis Reyes, my editor on the Star Trek Manga. When I heard the news from Steve, I made some calls and got a few gory details that I should keep to myself.

Tokyopop has pulled out of the San Diego con. I am working on two projects for the company and it's sad that I won't be promoting them the way I would like. I have not heard from the new editor of my cat book as of yet. Is it still on?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the cat book is supposed to be out in September! What do you mean by "is it still on"? Anyways, I can't wait for it, as I am a huge fan of the Warriors series. Also, us fans recently found out that the second book out of the "Tigerstar and Sasha" trilogy will be called "Escape Into the Forest", and it will be released in December. Do you have a cover for it yet? Do you have any more news or previews of this comic book trilogy? If so, please email me at dmytromuzychenko@gmail.com! I'll be sure to pass any news along to our Warriors community and we would love to hear more from you about this Warriors manga! Thank you so much! We can't wait to see the second cover!